Thursday 11 January 2018

Dubbing Evaluation


This assignment required me to dub over the dialogue for a scene from a film of my choice. I chose to use a scene from The Matrix where the main character Neo first meets Morpheus and they have a conversation about the matrix. I used google to find the script for the scene. I then went on to record the voiceover through garageband on a macbook laptop. I then combined it with the original video clip and edited them together in GarageBand to later be exported to a .mov file. I recorded my voice in a relatively empty part of the college. I believe my recording was synced well and fits with the characters speaking. We did this task in pairs and I played Neo whilst my partner played Morpheus. As it was a voiceover we used the same dialogue which meant that the scene's mood and meaning stayed the same through both the original and the dubbed version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unit 38 Soundtrack Production Proposals

Proposal 1 The deadline for this assignment is the 29th of March and I need to create proposals for 2 scenes of my choice as well as c...