Thursday 11 January 2018

Adding Music Evaluation



This assignment required me to add a soundtrack to a film clip of my choice. I decided to use the final scene from the 2014 film 'Ex Machina'. I chose to make the first edit signify the perspective of ‘Ava’, the AI from the film. In the scene she has escaped her facility and is experiencing the real world for the first time. To show this I chose music that I believe signifies wonder and curiosity. I chose the soundtrack for the 2012 game 'Far Cry 3'. I believe that this accurately portrayed the mood that I wanted to give the scene. I used garage band on a mac to combine the scene from the film and the music. I found both the clip and the music track on YouTube. I edited the music track so it fades out at the end rather than ending abruptly.


 I chose to make the second edit seem more from the perspective of ‘Caleb’, one of the scientists in the film. In the scene Ava has trapped him in the facility after he helped her to escape. I chose to make the scene rather dark and ominous for this reason. I found a short clip of ominous music on YouTube. I believe that this portrays the mood that I wanted to. At the start of the scene you might not understand the music choice but when it cuts to Caleb trapped with dead bodies near him I feel it starts to make sense. This edit also fades out at the end to stop it from finishing abruptly. This edit was also created on garage band and the clips found on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unit 38 Soundtrack Production Proposals

Proposal 1 The deadline for this assignment is the 29th of March and I need to create proposals for 2 scenes of my choice as well as c...